Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mahatma Gandhi on Nature Cure:

I BELIEVE that man has little need to drug himself. 999 cases out of a thousand can be brought round by means of a well-regulated diet, water and earth treatment and similar household remedies.
  • Nature has provided within the body itself the means of cleansing it, so that when illness occurs, we should realize that there exists impure matter in 6th  body and that she has commenced her cleansing process.
  • I belong to that noble, growing, but the still small school of thought which believes more in prevention than in cure, which believes in Nature doing things for herself even for suffering humanity if we would but let Nature take her course. I believe in that school of thought which considers that the less interference there is on the part of doctors, on the part of physicians and surgeons, the better it is for humanity and its morals.
  • I have been fond for about the last thirty-five years of making experiments in dietetics from the religious, economic and hygienic standpoints. This predilection for food reform still persists. People around me would naturally be influenced by my experiments. Side by side with dietetics, I made experiments in treating diseases with natural curative agents only such as earth and water and without recourse to drugs. 
  • When I practised as a barrister, cordial relations were established with my clients so that we looked upon one another almost as members of the same family. The clients therefore made me a partner in their joys and sorrows. Some of them sought my advice being familiar with my experiments in nature-cure. . . I made many such experiments on the Farm ( Tolstoy Farm, South Africa), and I do not remember to have failed in even a single case."  . 

No comments:

Post a Comment